- sulfa drug
- trimethoprim:可以治療無併發症的尿道感染(uncomplicated urinary tract infection)
- trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole:治療無併發症的尿道感染(uncomplicated urinary tract infection)的drug of choice
- urinary conc. of fosphomycin is high, thus can be used to treat UTI， and is approved to be used as a single 3-g dose for treatment of uncomplicated lower urinary tract infection in women.
- safe to be used in pregnancy
- aminopenicillins are given orally to treat urinary tract infections, sinusitis, otitis, and lower respiratory tract infections.
- Pseudomonal infection outside the urinary tract才可以用antipseudomonal penicillins
- First generation cephalosporin 的urine concentration is high
- third generation cephalosporin-cefixime:given orally 200 mg twice daily or 400 mg once daily for resperatory or urinary tract infection
- Tigecycline: because it is bilinary excretion，it may not active to UTI
- clindamycin, sometimes in combination with an Aminoglycosides or cephalosporin, is used to treat penetrating wound of abdomen and the gut; infections oringinating in the female genital tract.