- interfering with the formation of initiation complexes
- interfering with the aminoacyl translocation reaction
- clindamycin can replace Erythromycin as prophylaxis against endocarditis during dental procedures
- clindamycin, sometimes in combination with an Aminoglycosides or cephalosporin, is used to treat penetrating wound of abdomen and the gut; infections oringinating in the female genital tract.
- clindamycin + primaquine is an alternative to trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole for maderate to maderately sever Pneumocytis jiroveci pneumonia(卡氏孢仔肺囊蟲肺炎) in AIDS patients.
- clindamycin is also used with Pyrimethamine for AIDS related toxoplasmosis of the brain.