- akathisia (motor restlessness)
- parkinson-like symptoms:使用典型抗精神病藥不久後發生運動遲緩(bradykinesia), 僵硬(rigidity), and 顫抖(tremor)
- 延遲性運動障礙(tardive dyskinesia)(inappropriate postures of the neck, trunk, and limbs, lateral jaw movements and ‘fly-catching’motions of the tongue.):which is not reversible, occurs after months or years of treatment.
- 以上occur with chronic treatment of 典型抗精神病藥.
- 典型抗精神病藥blocking of dopamine receptors in the nigrostriatal pathway probably causes these unwanted parkinson-like symptoms.
- The atypical neuroleptics exhibit a low incidence of these symptoms.